Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"She just likes playing hospital"

Watch this.

A video taken by my friend Jay, at Amanda Palmer's webcast extravaganza last week. This is the first AFP song I ever learned. I cried... no. I sobbed the first time I heard it. And then I put it on repeat for (I am not joking here) 8 hours. We've all had those songs, I'm sure. Or at least I hope. I think it was the first time since I heard Idina Menzel's Heart on my Sleeve that I really felt that electricity of completely and totally connecting to a lyric. I actually am having a hard time putting my emotions into words at this moment. Which is silly. I write. But ... I guess you just need to listen. And know that the song captures my soul. This woman knows my life, and somehow makes art of it.

I owe her a lot. Maybe one day I can tell her.


Here's the original video, released as part of the Who Killed Amanda Palmer video series, directed by Michael Pope. Watch her. Breathe her in. Feel it.

And further- y'all remind me to post about AFP someday, alright? Thanks.

And... get it all out. It's good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment